Alcohol and drug abuse is one of the leading causes of death in the United States. There are nearly 85,000 alcohol related deaths in the United States each year. That's almost 3 times the number of suicides. Drug deaths claim nearly 17,000 deaths each year. With a cumulative 100,000 plus thousand deaths each year from alcohol or drugs we've compiled a list of to the top 5 reasons to quite a bad or potentially life threatening habit.
1. You will eventually die from alcohol or drug abuse. It's simply a matter of time.
2. One's ability to maintain meaningful relationships while under the influence of drug or alcohol is almost non existent.
3. Alcohol and drug addicts have their life stolen. Their primary focus is on when they can get their next drink or fix. This is no way to live life
4. It is nearly impossible to keep or maintain employment when you are abusing drugs or alcohol
5. People, including your closest loved ones will no longer seek you out. Alcohol and drug abuse is dark.
Getting help is relatively easy. AA or NA meetings are an excellent resource and have locations around the nation. Another option is to take an online alcohol & drug awareness class
or if you are under 21 a MIP class
. The barrier to entry is low and completely anonymous.